Saturday, November 11, 2006

Musings of a madwoman.

Summer has offically arrived in sunny Scarborough BIG time in the last week. The weather has been very different, lows of 27 degrees and highs of mid 30's. Its been spectacularly sunny, so sunny I got burnt in the 20 minutes waiting for my bus at my work today, at 4.30pm!! We have had two big thunderstorms, which in Queensland, summer is our storm time. On Tuesday night, it bucketed down big time all night which was a godsend for my garden. The whole city has gone bright green over night as on Wednsday when we went and saw The devil wears prada with my Mum, there was a huge thunder and hail storm that hit the south east coast. There was hail and alot of wind damage on the sunshine and gold coasts, we just got alot of rain and thunder and lightning.
We quickly rushed over to Spotlight after the movie, and I had about 15 minutes to get everything, amazingly, I did really well and got all I was after, I bought a glue gun who is now my new best friend! I have been busy making things two of the last three nights. She's crafty!
We went out to our favourite Indian restaraunt, Dhillon Fort after Spotlight and gorged ourselves silly!
Last night was my mum's 50th. We all went over to her house for spaj bol and bruschetta and lovely salad. We then had her amazing cake, dad ended up getting her an oriental theme cake, which was red, with bamboo edging and a amazing gold dragon on it, the dragon was made of icing! It also had two icing gardenia's sitting on the cake. It was mudcake yummm...and I'm eating a peice as we speak.
She got some really lovely presents, and Dad is taking her out to the Sofitel which is a big ritzy hotel here which has the best seafood in Brisbane, which is Mum's favourite food for dinner tonight.

Stevie and I have to work all weekend, but we have Tuesday and Wednsday off together. On the bus home tonight, at 6pm, its still really light now, it was still quite warm, and the water at Scarborough was super blue, there was one cloud in the sky which was really low, along the water line infront of Morteon Island, and the sky was burnt orange and pink, as I looked out to the water, the sun went behind the one cloud and lit it up bright iredescant orange and it had single rays coming out which lit the sky. It was quite beautiful!

I have been making alot of creations for Xmas, which will be low key present wise for us as we are saving for air conditioning, I am making quite alot of my presents this year and I am quite surprised how satisfing it is making things. I am really enjoying hand stitching infront of the tv. I haven't used my sewing machine for a week as I was out of thread, and I need to hem stevie's shorts, so I will get it out for a whirl on Tuesday.

I need to stop eating this cake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful all this sounds and again youve been sew busy. Mums cake sounds so pretty and I do so hope you have photos Im desparate to see them I miss you all so much and all we did together. But theres no stopping you now, you're well and truely one crafty lady.
Spag bol and bruchetta ahhhhhh yum, Ive been buying pitta pockets and humus everyone loves it and they all love falafal ~ can you believe it.

How awesome did Kylie sound and look, so gorgeous.

Dont forget the pics ~~~~~~ soon please. Love you all xxx

dotty_scotts said...

My mum is picking me up from work today so I'll post some pics of her cake then! Dad gave me a huge amount of turkish bread last night,so I bought some homous and we'll have our chicken dish tonight! So glad that you are all sounding so happy! I might get some falafel today myself actually!