Wednesday, November 15, 2006







The dragon and the gardenia's are made of icing! as is the bamboo.
It was 33 degrees today, we didn't get any of the storm but we may tonight. Its only going down to 25 degrees for night time! HOT damn! I have sewed this afternoon, I hemmed stevie's shorts and then sewed my lavender hearts, from the picture you can see I didnt do a half bad job for my first attempt. This was the first thing I've sewed in about 2 weeks and I managed to a) do it all in one go and b) not go over the edge as I used to when I first started. I was quite happy that I could follow the shape! Yeah!
I am making these for madeline and courtney for their xmas present. I am making tote bags and then fabric and felt broaches and hair clips to match for them. Its not rocket science but I guess we all have to start somehwere!
I looked outside earlier around 7pm and thought there was a reflection from my pink curtains, so I went outside and the sky was an iredescant pink orange over my house, but infront of the house was a bright blue. I took a picture of it, but had trouble capturing the right hue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so lovely to speak to you and thankyou for posting the pics of your mums cake, so gorgeous. Im so proud of all your sewing and in straight line too, Madeline and Courtney will be so happy with your handiwork. Has the weather calmed down yet how scary for you all, it never hit the news here. The pic of the sky is amazing and the clours are so lovely you are very creative you know. Well I hope work has gone well this week and you have a lovely weekend. Loads of love to you both. Jude xxxxx