Thursday, November 02, 2006

If I knew you were coming,I'd have baked a cake.

I finished today at 4pm, so I whizzed around and did a whole trolley of grocery shopping in 20 mins whilst I waited for mum to pick me up. I got home around 5ish which is heaven sent for me, and put my groceries away, cleaned out the fridge, made a cushion, made some 'rissolles' for stevie's dinner and watered the garden all before 7pm. I've made 3 cushions in 3 days now :) I'm just running out of fabric. My soundtrack for the night was my, 'More tea vicar?' album which we played for my afternoon teaparty which is highly addictive. It makes me feel like quite the accomplished housewife.
I also got some things to make a strudel for Stevie's desert tonight. I went for a quick shop during my break today and ended up scoring 10 cushion fillers aswell as a beautiful silk eiderdown set for the art deco room from one of Judy's favourite shop's Target (or Tarrrr-ggggaaaayyy) as we like to call it. It contains a beigeishy eiderdown quilt with small sagey-green gray swirls and spots. 2 standard beigey silk pillowcases, 2 boxed european pillowcases in a striped sagey green-gray material (little white embroided stripes), 1x filled green cushion and 1 rectangular beige cushion, with a greeny-gray blanket for the end of the bed. It was originally $199, but went down to $79.95 and today there was an extra 15% off storewide, so I ended up getting it for just over $50. Total bargain! The name of the design is called Truffle and its just lovely. I will wait till they have a 20% manchester sale to get all new pillows, european pillows and matching sheet set. I pretty much have everything for that room now, and now that we've moved all the cats things from it, its looking alot better. I am going to SPOTLIGHT on Wednsday, thankfully getting a lift :) and I am going to get some material for cushions for that room, and to make a little tablecloth for my art deco trolley. I am also going to look for some cute material for some bags. As we are having a lowkey Xmas this year present wise, we are going to Aunty Marion's for Xmas lunch/dinner and a swim in their pool, we are doing a KrissKringle (how do you spell that?) so apart from getting pressies for Tynum, Madeline and Courtney we are doing lucky dips for the rest. For the girls I am making them each a little bag, similar to an anchor design I have. I use it to carry my lunch and enterainment for the bus everyday and love it. I want to find some pretty vintage like material for them and to make lavender pouches/cushions for their room. Madeline wants her room like our's so I might get some of the fabric we used for our curtains. I want to be quite organised for Xmas so am going to start creating! The next two weeks I am working all weekend but have the same days as Stevie off, our front couch is being picked up next Wednsday to get recovered which will look excellent once its finished.
We're meant to get heavy rain tonight/tommorow so I'm going to go put all my new flowers out in the garden so they get a good soak.
The last two days have been really really warm, I'm so glad I work in airconditioning. I am working at Kippa Ring the store I'm moving to, on Tuesday. If all goes well, I am moving there on the 20th or just after.
I got given another $100 voucher for Coles Myer today...yay! So I'm holding onto it and waiting till the Boxing Day sales to get perfume packs.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

Hi darling you've been so busy since Ive been gone, cant wait to see the fabric for the bags/purses. Say hello to the spotlight lady for me if you see her!
The bedding sounds divine and will look lovely in the art deco room, youll have it whipped into shape in no time at all.
Some gorgeous photos here they bring back lovely memories, the tea party looks lovely and I keep singing 'If i knew you were coming Id have baked a cake' hehehehe. What fun we had.
My Saturday (yesterday) was different to how we spent our time together, I started Lu's room and almost finished it!!!!! The walls are Pretty Pink and the Furniture ~ her desk/dressing table, the mirrors and the wardrobes - Putting Green, it looks tremendous especially with her patchwork quilt, cant wait to put up her bunting, and Im going to try and make a notice board like yours for her, well Ill have a go and perhaps one for her to attach her jewellry to as well. Once Ive finished lu's Ill start on Rachels. Soon be their 16th birthday I cannot believe it.
Im off to get ready for church and choir now it'll be lovely to see the 'old' faces again.
Will speak again soon darling, Love you so much. Judy xxxx For Stevie xxxx