Monday, November 06, 2006

Boiling Point


I AM MELTING. It is sooo soo hot today, I have literally drank 3 litres of water today whilst cleaning the house. I have been a very busy domestic bee today. I have spent about 5 hours cleaning today. I gave the whole house a huge spring clean, used my mum's amazing vacumn cleaner called the Jaguar (I am so getting one) to vacumn everything that didn't and did move, I also polished, did 4 loads of washing, two of clothes and two of sheets and moped and made everything sparkly. I attacked the art deco room which was previously the cats, took their food and litter from there, got on my hands and kness and vacumned every cravice between the floorboards, did a vinegar mop of the floors and then redid this with a woodwash. Dad helped me move the mattress outside where I hit and vacumned that and then put a protector and my new quilt set on it. This room is one of the house original rooms which means nothing goes into the wall unless its drilled so I have to wait till dad comes over again to get him to drill a hole for my vogue mirror. I am going to take my George Barbier prints to a professional framer to get them mounted on maybe a creamyish and grey double background and framed with a big thick black frame similar to my other two big prints in there. My dad got me a few vases which look nice in there, and also my anniversary present from Stevie a gorgeous lamp is also going in there. I just need a nice big art deco jewellery box and some nice knick knacks. I want a greenish albaware wall pocket in green and grey to match a vase I've got beside the bed, which will go above the cupboards.
I went to Target yesterday and they have some beautiful things, with m $100 voucher I am instead going to get two small matching lamps in green for our room, they have small white lampshades and are a really nice pea/sage green with a leaf imprint in the ceramic base, they are $20 each, a white blossom indoor light garland which look like cherry blossoms to go into our room hing up above our washstand, for some moody pretty lights, and there were two hat boxes, they were $40 and there were two hat boxes, one large green one for $20 and a smaller pink one for $15.00. I will get both for my room, but want to get a creamish one for the art deco room for under the built in bedside table which is closest to the door.
Its a nice feeling of accomplishment I get when things are nice and clean and organised. With the bedding I got, the original choice of curtain material that stevie and I liked, looks really good, I want to make a cushion or two out of it aswell. Speaking of which I was making a cushion Sunday night when my bobbin was empty, took me 20 mins to fill that, when half way through my cushion, my thread runs out :( So I will have to wait for a few days to get some more thread.

I am so hot, I am looking up how much it would cost to air condition our house. I don't even care if its expensive, I don't think I could survive it! We cant have the windows open without putting the cats in a room and Its too hot to do that to them, so I am investigating prices. I like hanging around my house but I want to be able to do that without losing 5kgs of fluid a day in summer, on second thought! :)

I made a chilli last night which Stevie loved and was asked to cook a roast chicken without bones and crunchy roast potatoes and gravy for dinner, so when dad came over to do our back yard, we got some really good rain a few days ago and the grass and all the lillies in the back have sprung up, he took me to Penninsula Fair and I got some mini chicken roasts from the butcher. I am also going to make a chocolate cake for dessert. I have ordered a cake from the lady who made mine, for Stevie's birthday.
I am just resting up before I go get the three loads of washing off the line, and do my ironing for work, I was out there for 10 minutes at 1pm and it was boiling. I am going to wait until the sun goes down, venture onto the deck and water my plants, and put my potted plants away again.

We'll its Australian Idol results night tonight, so I will let you know the news later on. I think Dean or Chris should go tonight as Dean had two pretty bad performances and Chris had one which was a bit average.

Edit.
No wonder I felt hot, it was 34 degrees today, with 75% humidity! It would have been atleast 37-38 inside! Its cooled down nicely outside, I just watered my garden and my first hydrangea flower greeted me! Yea! My favourite flower ever. I have four plants and only two seem to be growing well, I have a bud forming on another, I hope its a blue one.
I've iced my cake, boiled my potatoes and seasoned the tray for the chicken, so I'll sit out on the deck for another 30 minutes or so until I need to put it in the oven for stevie's arrival home.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

omg dont you ever stop, and in that heat, its seems I left at the right time!!!!!! Im exhausted reading all this however everything sounds wonderful and tasty (chicken) and pretty, what a girl.
Hope you manage to get thread soon - youll be having withdrawals from the sewing!!
Have you decided what design of cake youre getting for Stevie?????? and then youve got mums birthday on Friday another get together for you all, dont forget to photograph her cake and the family of course. Enjoy. am still cold - loads of layers on and of course I just wanna eat!!!! Hahahaha so much for loosing all that weight.
Look forward to the next update, enjoy your day with Stevie love you both sooooooooooo much, Jude xxxxx