Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Christmas comes to Scarborough

I have been really busy with work and finishing off my assignment. Thankfully I got stuck into it on Sunday after work and handed it in yesterday. Stevie and I have the day off today, we aren't doing a whole lot, he is going to draw and paint and I am going to finish off my Xmas cards and wrap some presents we have for a Xmas party we are going to next Saturday. It's one of Aunty Marion's friends, who used to be my hair dresser, we have to bring 2x $10 presents for a boy and girl. I scored a really nice bag from Judy's fav shop, A shabby Streak, and got a jute pink and cream rose bag which was reduced down to $9! Bargain. I also got a Rolling stones book from Borders for the boy present at $11.00 and got some awesome vintage lady wrapping paper. I am going to find some vintage images of Xmas to make gift tags for it. My Xmas cards I have made quite minimilistic which is unusual for me! I stuck with my deer/bambi idea and think they look quite nice.
On last Thursday we went to Kmart which were having a big sale, I scored a 68cm tv and a dvd player for our front room which looks really good. Stevie is getting an xbox in a few weeks so I wanted a tv that I could use when he's on that! Because we spent more than $50, Kmart had a special where you got a $10 gift voucher, and I ended up getting two, so I bought a Xmas tree for $24 and the decorations for $9. Bargain! I am going to Lilly's cottage in a weeks time so I am going to get more of the little birds to put on the tree. At a shabby streak I got the pink candle wreath and a gardland for the front door, both 1/2 price at $8 each. I am not going to put anything else up, I don't particularly like Xmas decorations and its stupid having santa's in snow up when it will be 35 degrees and we are having Christmas day at Aunty Marions by the pool. We are sleeping over and going to the Boxing day sales to get all our perfume. I have been looking for a few dresses for Xmas time and have found quite a nice one, its a line and is brown, red, aqua/green and cream and has a large leaf/flower print. I was thinking of getting that with a small red cropped cardigan for night and at Novo they have green and brown heels like my wedding shoes which will look nice. I'll post some pictures of the tree, which we are keeping at the momment in the art deco bedroom because of Desa's fascination with it. We are going down to the beach for lunch. We pick up our BBQ and back yard setting tommorow, so no doubt it will be BBQ for forever now! Just as I have been making a concious effort to make something different everynight which has gone well, I made beef straganoff the other night, and then made an Indian dish last night which stevie loved. We are thinking of going on a holiday here in Febuary for five nights, it includes buffett breakfast, lunch and dinners and we'll go on a cruise to the reef.
Blogger is being stupid, so maybe pictures later!
...http://www.dunk-island.com/
Its been a really hot day, we walked down to the waterfront and visited the charity shop, I got a knitted christmas pudding to put under the tree for $1 and a few hair clips and a really cute retro cat bookmark pin, its bakelite! My purchases broke the bank at $2.50 in total. We then had burgers and chips for lunch overlooking the water. There were alot of kayakers and guys on jet ski's as it was really calm. There was also a xmas party at the scarborough resort restraunt, it was I think for a nursing home. They were enjoying themselves though. We then got icecreams, mango and macadamia..yum! and walked home to do some crafty things. Its just turned 4.30, so I watered all my plants, I spent a little time wrapping presents and making cards too. Stevie's worms from going fishing last night with wade have made the front deck a lil wiffy! From this Saturday until Christmas Scarborough is having big Xmas celebrations, a Xmas tree on the water, carols by sunset every Saturday and twilight markts from 4pm till 9pm every Saturday. The santa sleigh will be coming down our street on Stevie's birthday! I wonder if he will get any presents for being good! Here's a flyer for whats going on.
http://www.redcliffe.qld.gov.au/tourism/documents/SLights%20Program.pdf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was sooooo amazing to talk to you today, and to see you, I didnt get a whole lot done after that I was dreaming about my time there, I had my church group tonight BUT for tea I cooked wedges (hand made)!!!! baramundi fish!!!!!! and beetroot salad they all loved it oh yes and splashings of paul newman dressing and real lemon juice (Ive not forgetton Scarlett)
Im so plesed your going up to Lilys say hi to all the ladies!!! and DONT spend too much!!!
Enjoy the weekend of festivities it looks fabulous I sooooo wish I was back there to enjoy it all still who knows ..... one day Im off to bed now I love you both so much mwaaaaa mum xxxx

dotty_scotts said...

Ohhh you got baramundi!!! Yeah! I will take some photos of saturday afternoon for you!