Monday, November 27, 2006

Barmy Army more like Balmy.


















This swap to blogger beta has been a nightmare, It rendered my blog inactive, stuffed up my password and took three days to get it right.




I sick of it already, having sat down and tried to write three different posts.
Recap over the last few days. Its hot really hot! I am off today as I am not feeling the best, we went to a bbq over at my mum's last night and I was feeling really tired and today I have a stomach upset. I made two batches of brownies, and we saw Uncle Mal and Di and Marion, Keith and the girls who had gone to the cricket with their dad. Today was the last day of the start of the Ashes series in cricket of Australia vs England which was played in Brisbane. Australia won by heaps and there are thousands of English Barmy Army supporters about, all sporting very red bodies, they obviously havent heard of sunscreen!!



The last few days have been really busy. I finished my cards and all my Xmas presents, so they will start to get sent out soon. Mum picked me up on saturday after work and we went down to the waterfront at Scarborough for the start of the Xmas festival. Its going to be very popular! We were there for about 4ish and it was already packed. There was a lady at the markets who was selling shabby chicish vintage things, and I picked up a ice green woven basket for $5 so Stevie can put his drawing things in. We walked around the markets and got some burgers and chips. We only hung around for about an hour, the carols werent starting till about 7ish. At 9pm we went outside and watched the fireworks from our back deck. I will pop down to the markets most saturdays until xmas to pick up some more bargains.
On sunday our couch was delivered from the upholster. It looks amazing. I'll post some pictures.

I have had vegetarian sushi every day for the last two weeks for lunch and been having dinner on a smaller plate and now can fit into a dress which was too small for me a month ago. If the scales are correct I've lost nearly 2 kgs which is nice, its mainly because its seriously too hot to eat. Today I have had watermelon, pineapple and mango salad twice and some carrott, beetroot and apple salad for lunch. I have had about 2 litres of water and about 3 pepsi max's! We spoke to my uncle about air conditioning. Doing our house, cause its big will be super expensive, so we may look at something called Cardiff air.


Stevie is going out fishing for his day off tommorow, he's becoming a bit of an addict! He's saying how early in January they are going to go to Morteon Island and do some deep sea fishing.

We have a Xmas bbq to go to on Saturday and the week after that we are heading off to the Breakfast Creek Hotel for Stevie's birthday.
I'll post some pictures as I need to go water the garden and get out of this heat.I'll also post the dress I'm going to wear this saturday and my xmas dress. I have scored some bargains of late.
Damien won Australian Idol last night. He sung soo well!

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Hi there what a wonderful array of photos, you are so organised. The brownies look so good and I can just taste them yum yum!!! Desa and Isis are so beautiful and I could just give them a cuddle. Go the Aussies! Jim watched it every night and is really tired now, will miss the brissie sky to drool over.
The sofa looks amazing and your cushions just make it! The bag is lovely did you make it too? This is just a quick message as I will have to phone I need to speak to Stevie Love you loads and loads, Mum xxxxx

dotty_scotts said...

the bag is the present I got for the party from the shabby chic shop which was reduced down to $11.00, i thought you may appreciate it.