Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sneak Peak house pics

Today I went out to the house at around 7.30 with my dad and took out the wine rack in our kitchen, I cut it down to two shelves and we than went to Bunnings and bought some wood and some clotted cream coloured gloss paint for the hallway doors.
I spent about an hour making the shelves and painting a little table we have, leg's pink. I also than started on the task of painting the four doors in the laundry and the bathroom door. The laundry doors were previously a mango so have only needed 2 coats, but the bathroom door was a green and I will have to do another coat on tuesday. If we get everything set up well on monday afternoon and tuesday, we will do the heritage red trim.
The kitchen is pretty much set up and complete_bar our dream SMEG pink fridge, (one day) and our kitchen table which arrives on monday when we move in. As we will be without the internet for up to a week and half when we first move in, I will post a few pictures of our kitchen-still needs curtains up, our fridge, gleeming stainless steel microwave and kitchen setting.
Dad and I went for a drive down the street oppisite us, you go down that about 700 metres and you hit the water, its beautiful of park benches and little bbq huts. Its about 500-700m down from our marina and morgans seafood cafe.The next street on to that, which is 2 streets away from us, I discovered all these canals. On the one street there are about 5 canals where the wealthy obviously love looking at their boats.
I'm well stoked that I have all these beautiful walking routes. Before I left scotland I was walking daily between Kinross and Milnathort. Theres a position going at an Opticians at Kippa Ring which I was hoping for, so on Tuesday I'm posting my resume. If I got a job there it would mean I'd be home within 20 mins every day allowing a 30 min walk around the beachfront on the right of us, up to the marina infront of the house and down to the canals. All in one neat little block!
Here are some sneak pictures of our kitchen and some of the waterfront and canals a street away from us.
We'll hopefully have internet again in a week or so, so see you all then!

No comments: