Thursday, June 22, 2006

Paint Paint Paint

Yesterday Stevie and I went out to the house and painted the front room, well I tell you what painting is difficult! The colour was more magnolia than the cream we were after but after the 2nd coat, it started to look really good. It freshens the whole room up.
We will definatly just be doing the hallway doors, and the spare rooms, and the outside. We want the outside down before JUDY GETS HERE! As we want it to look all lovely :)
I am taking the day off tommorow as a sickie, I have been sickish for the last three weeks yet havent had any time off, so stuff em!Theres a possibility that theres some jobs going at Kippa Ring which is like 5 mins away from my work, I am going to put in my interest on the weekend but I doubt they will send me when we are so understaffed which is totally not my fault! I'm going to write a little note tommorow night saying I wouldnt go until Chermside was fully staffed but that with my glandular fever I have to be wary of my health and the extra travel plus the extra strain of being super busy and understaffed isnt in my best interest and that I was looking at getting a position out in that area anyway. I want to stay so I get paid holidays when Judy is here, but if they wont swap me I will sneakily get a job and then just leave straight after!

I picked up alot of our kitchen laybys today, goodbye about $570 but hello lovely new kitchen. I am going to sand down a small dresser and estapol it, see how our paint job is from Wednsday and then unpack as many of my boxes as possible and set up the kitchen after giving it a big scrub. The electrician is coming tomorow after lunch to install our new cooktop. Mum has the day off and picked up Aunty Di from the hospital, shes allowed home tonight for a visit and she will pick me up on the way back from the hospital in the morning.

I am going to look up some info for flights for Judy tonight whilst I wait for the carpet guy to come around with samples, he's late!
Go Australia against Croatia in the morning.

I will take some photos tommorow, Im tempted not to show any until everything is all ready but I might show a few progress report ones! Im impatient for it to be all done now!

No comments: