Sunday, June 04, 2006

Market day again!








Today I woke up at 6am and went to the ferny grove markets with Mum, my aunty Marion had a stall there and I got a few nice treats.
I was wearing a summer 50's dress and denim jacket and was absolutley freezing! I bought a lovely little blanket from an old lady who knits them, and a beautiful pinwheel cushion with lovely satin ribbon. I got both for only $10 which I thought was a bargain. My mum got a great pink blanket for her lil dog Vader which I will soon inherit aswell. I also got a few teeny little japanese dolls.

We then drove to a cafe called Top Nosh which sells all antiques and the most lovely homewares. I feel in love with a silky oak washstand there.
We went home to see Aunty Di and then headed up to the Pine Rivers Markets. These are about 30 minutes away from Mum's and in what you would call a bushland setting, full of eucalyptus trees. As soon as you got out of the car you could smell the beautiful leaves. The markets are held every weekend and are situated in an old colonial village. Every stall is an original Queenslander workers cottage and they all sell the best things! There are old sweet shops, a shabby chic shop for Judy!, an aromatherapy shop for Judy! and the most lovely and good priced antique store! Its all set up as a original house but everythings for sale.
I got a little kitten tin for $3.00 and two little bluebirds for $2.00 and three lace doilies in a beautiful green for $1.00.
We were walking along and saw an Aboriginal stall which was advertising photos with a snake for $1.00. I looked in the clear box where he was keeping it and told mum, thats lid's not on, I hope that snake doesnt come out. Two seconds later I look beside me and there is the snake which was HUGE sunning itself about a metre away from me. I didn't see the handler who was sitting a few metres away and I nearly died of a heart attack. I was like aaawwww...snake mum snake! My mum and the handler killed themselves laughing! I would have taken a photo but thought it would be rude as he was selling them.
We spent about an hour walking around the surroundings and lovely stalls.
After that we went up to Dayboro which is about 30 mins away, its up in the hills and its lovely and full of little hobby farms. I saw quite a few of my favourite friends, Mr and Mrs Cows and even saw a lil baby one being transported in a cage in the back of a ute! I want one!
We drove up to the Winery which is on the top of a mountain, in a stately qlder home and was going to take some pictures but there was a wedding on, so I could only take one peeking through the bushes.

We stopped off at this big butcher who supposedly makes the best sausages in Qld and got some hot mumma's, some chilli sausages, (poor cows) and had some lunch and bought some pumpkin damper at the bakery and then came home.
It was a lovely day off!
We are organising for us to have a weekend away at a place called Montville which is up in the mountains some time in July. My mum went to a wedding there and stayed in a b&b up in the mountains and said it was gorgeous, so we'll go up there a saturday night and take a nice drive down through samford and all the arts and craft markets they have up there.
Sorry about the quality of the pics my battery light was flashing and I was just trying to get everything snapped before it ran out!
Here are some pictures of my finds and of the Pine River Markets.


















The winery


The winery from the side of the mountain.

3 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hey Guys :)
Just had a mail from Judy to say that you got the mortgage!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you both, you're going to need that beautiful house to store all those amazing bargains you keep finding, Scarlett! ;)

Enjoy your good fortune and keep hold of that feeling! Great, great news!

Be Happy! :)

Much LoVe, Suzie Q xXx

dotty_scotts said...

aww thank you very much! the last three weeks have not been good! But Im now basking in looking at our house and thinking of the few things we wanna do to it! Yay for us!

rated adult sex stories said...

Whats wrong. stroked my thigh.
animal and girl sex stories
stories xnxx
best erotic stories
bare ass spanking stories
sexy stories taboo
Whats wrong. stroked my thigh.