Saturday, May 06, 2006

Play that funky music.

I went out with mum last night and three of her friends from work, she came and got her eyes tested with me yesterday afternoon and is getting new reading glasses, some tres chic plastic leopard print prada specs! The ones I'm getting no less! We'll be matching!
She picked me up at 7, which was coolish enough for a light jacket yeah! and we went to Ben Woh Chinese and Vietnamese restraunt which holds about 200. It was absolutley packed and at 9pm it becomes a very cheesy karaoke bar too! Lets just say, I killed the Caprenters..Close to you...literally! Its one of my fav songs too in a kitsch way. There was a guy there who was fantastic who sang Caroline by Neil Diamond and there was also a very fine performance by a girl called Yuki who sang Bonnie Tylers 'Total eclipse of the heart'. Considering about half of the diners were asian, it was alot of fun for all! We got there at about 7 and didnt leave till past 11. The food was also very good, we got a banquet for only $25.00 each which was 8 courses. The first course of make your own spring rolls came with about 50 rice paper sheets no less. We couldn't even eat half the food they brought us. Its a place we'd definatly go back to. They had quite a good selection of songs including Boys of Summer, Baby in Blue jeans, Girls just wanna have fun! There were a few tragic choices for some like Desperado and You've lost that loving feeling by a woman who I swear was tone deaf.

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

wonderful great fun AND yummy food! Loved talking to you today my Saturday flew.xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»