Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Antique Shopping.

Today I had the day off, after setting up the new store. Its very swish and modern with clean lines, I don't like the mirrors at the dispensing desk, as in the dispensing desk which holds the computer is one big mirror with the computer peeking through, with the bright lights in the store, its very easy to look quite haggard!
I went to a few antique shops/lifeline furniture stores and pocketed some bargains! I got a wonderful 1960's eames day bed, with wood frame, the upholstry is perfect but I would redo it to something simple, for only $45.00. I was bidding on one last night and it went for $287!I also got a wonderful eames armchair, it had a really nice rose cover on it, but when you took that off there was a lovely seagreen small checked cover, that was only $12.50! I also got a beautiful very heavy teak 1960's eames desk which had two little curpboard doors which slide across it also had quite high sides. It was in perfect condition and was on $45.00. I also got two wonderful 1960s mod bedside tables which are identical. They are on two levels, with the first level, the door opens up downwards and there are two shelves, then there is a large shelf/pidgeon hole on the bottom shelf. They are such unusual and great peices. All they really require is a sand and I would make then teak. They were $15 each. So all that and my $60 delivery fee and it is just on $200. How great!They are being delivered tommorow, so I might take some pictures on the weekend. I'm thinking I might start sanding them back today.
I love going to shops like this, I'm going to take a Saturday off every week so I can go around to garage sales and deceased estates.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

Hi my darlings you sounds as though youve been busy and are going to be very busy, take it youve not heard anything yet, still keeping our fingers crossed for you both. Will you manage to get every Sat off? or was that wishful thinking he he, hope all the family are well, love to them all and mostly to you two miss you Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx