Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mortage Blues

This home loan thing is making me miserable. I have definatly lost over 2 kgs in a week, I can't eat and have no want to , but worst of all is the distinct lack of sleep. I've always been a nervous sleeper, but I'm barely getting two-three hours a night, I'm exhausted every night and go to bed about 11ish, pretty much fall asleep straight away but within three hours, I'm wide awake and tossing and turning. I'm getting up and getting dressed for work earlier and earlier these days. Yesterday was the first thing we heard back from the mortage broker and they supposedly don't like the fact that Stevie is a sub contractor. His work was really good, and Ben the manager wrote a good letter and put supporting documents of Aaron's wages from last year, the guy he replaced. They are numpties though, because Stevie only worked 2 weeks in his first month and they are going on about the fluctuating income. His work have written in the letter that they will offer him a wage package if the bank would prefer it (but he will just remain as usual). I don't have good feelings about it at all, I really don't think we will get the loan. In one way I think, this is the only thing they have questioned us on, which is a good thing as the mortage broker said he'd probably need us to verify a few things, but then I start thinking its a pretty BIG thing to question. I know of a home loan agency called Rams who do loans for self emplyed and contractors so I emailed them this morning, just to ask a few questions incase. If we are unsuccesful with this one we could possibly extend the contract and try with them. It just annoys me! Stevie thinks its his fault which it isnt at all, its just that we dont fix the little box that the bank want. If we dont get it, it will be such a big dissapointment as its such a beautiful house that we both soooooo love and its in our price range. I doubt we'd be lucky enough to get something as nice again. It came through flying with its pest and house inspection
I am working all weekend, doing 1o hours overtime, I am working 9 days straight, from wednsday to next saturday where I have the weekend off. To be honest I'd rather be at work trying not to think of it all. We will be put out of our misery soon enough, the contract ends on Thursday. I emailed the broker this morning asking some honest questions and his opinion of it all. It will mean extra money to drown my sorrows in, incase we dont get it. I think I'd rather think that we arent going to get it then that we are, just to try to talk myself into the disapointment. The broker at our interview said it was 70-30, I think it may have swung in the oppisite way.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

My poor poor darlings I do so feel for you both and Scarlett it is definately stress and anxiety that is keeping you from sleeping. You produce too much stress hormone adrenaline when your stressed and you need to work it off otherwise it causes headaches and sleeplessness. You probably dont feel like it but a brisk walk in the evening after your meal then a nice bath with your oils then bed and make it a routine. It clears your head and breaks the routine of napping etc I know its easier said than done but you could try it a couple of times. Im still praying for you babes and do so hope that you get the news you want. Love you both forever and ever Mum xxxxxx