Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Beads Beads Beads




The beads we got for Judy from the Farmers Markets. They came from one of her favourite shops, Thousand Island dressing.
I work this saturday, but I have the next two off. Next saturday I am off to Paddington taking Madeline and Courtney with me. That's after my mum and I hit the garage sales at 7am! Lets hope the luck I had last weekend is with me. This week I would like a silky oak 1920's bedroom set with marble tops please! I would also like matching bedside tables despite at that time, they didnt really use them! I was speaking to the dealer yesterday about how hard it is to find 1920's sets, as after world war 1, nearly 30% of australias men were all killed off in the war, so we didnt have any cabneit makers left, hence the skilled migrant program. There is an abundance of 1950's and deco stuff about though. To be honest you would think places like Scotland would be better than Australia for antiques and collectables overall (they definatly have more Victorian and French inspired furniture than we do here) but for popularity and accesibilty, its far better over here. In that its pretty much a national pastime to have garage sales! I guess thats how I got the bug so early. The whole 50's and retro thing is very big over here aswell, which explains all the old cars, the rockabilly shows, my wardrobe!. I'm quite enjoying being back home, I guess because I liked scotland so much, I wasnt the one who was so excited about being home, but there is something about the feeling of sun every day, the lovely colourful and unique houses, you dont realise how different the houses are over here, some of the old Qlders are works of art!
I'm glad Stevie's enjoying it aswell, Id hate it if he didnt like it, Id feel responsible for bringing him over this side of the world!
Package with a dress for the girls will be sent over on next day off, promise!

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

My darling Scarlett you sound so happy, Im so pleased you are glad to be home I had picked up that you werent and I worried about you, its good to read this post. Theres my fav shop I cant wait to really see it! D'you know I used to have beads like that once upon a time when I was alive (stevie remember).
"This week I would like a silky oak 1920's bedroom set with marble tops please! I would also like matching bedside tables despite at that time, they didnt really use them!" This is just the best - thats the Scarlett I remember love you babe!

Well I hope you get one sweatheart, give my love to mum and dadxxxxxxxx