Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fete and Market Days!

Today I went to Madeline and Courtney's school, St Andrew's Fete at fern Grove. My mum and I went down to the markets and got some good bargains.
Bear in mind today I spent $30 in TOTAL on the following things!(That's about £12-13 quid!)

From the Markets.
Amber Glass MURANO vase!
Art Deco Limited Edition Plate
Pink Vase
Japanese Box
Peacock Japanese Plate.

All this cost me $4.00 I had also bought a fantastic mirror which was $6.00 but when I went to pick it up, the guy had mistakingly resold it. I was a lil peeved but that soon was forgotten when I got all the following goodies from the fete.

The fete had a small trash and treasure area which we lined up at 9.30am with about 50 others to go into. I had found a lovely antique chair out side, which I got my Aunty Di to sit on whilst we went inside.
Inside I got the following:
Japanese Oragami Picture
2x knitted coat hangers
Kewpie doll Japanese Money Box
2x Rose flowered tin trays
Queen sized bed Turqouise Shag Bedspread (perfect condition)
Small bird glass trinket
Art Nouveau George Barbier jewellery box
Shadow Box
Ashtray
Rose Sugar Caddy
2x ceramic egg cups
Ix rabbit egg cup
Pig salt and pepper shakers
Black and white striped vase
Black, yellow and white spotted vase
1xblack lamb ceramic holder
4x anodised metal trays
1x teak drinks trolley

So hows that for a weekend or garage sales,markets and fetes! Imagine how many houses I can fill if I go every 2nd weekend!
I'll definatly post all the things tonight when Stevie gets home. Apart from that, I ate and ate and ate.Steamed bun for brekkie, vegie lentil burger for lunch and caramel fudge and lamingtons for dessert. Theyre was a hobby farm at the fete and I got to pet some cute little sheep and a lil calf, I'm in love!

When we were walking home last night from the gig, which was surrounded by botanical gardens, a lil possum or bush baby as Stevie likes to call them, came running across the path, very tame! and Stevie followed it behind a tree where it just sat there looking at us.

No comments: