Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Meltdown.

My God I'm roasting! It is soo unbelieveably warm and sunny, stevie is in a ice cold bath as we speak at 4.30 trying to get cool. We had the day off together and went down to Redcliffe where with the jetty and bay is about 10 degrees cooler, we had lunch at Hogs Breath Cafe, I had a lovely mushroom and advocado salad and stevie had a pork chippolatta with breaded mushrooms and curly fries. We had lunch outside in the beautiful breeze and then went for a little walk to my favourite ribbon shop where I got some more and visited a charity shop where I got a yellow drinking flask for decoration which is in perfect condition for $3.00.
On sunday mum and I went to ferny grove markets where I got two japanese ceramic plant holders, One really cute one with a cactus for $2.00 and a troff one for $3.00 I also got a vintage photo and frame for $3 for the art deco room. I'm going to rest it on the little trolley I'm going to fill with books.
We then went over to chermside where mum met up with her friend Connie for some coffee and I visited the shops, I got an awesome dress 60's in style with cap sleeves and beautiful flower buttons for $10 reduced down from $50 at a shop called tempt, I wore it today and am well happy as its a very small size 10! I also visited the jewellery shop Diva (where we went judy, there was one in the city:the one that sells alot of bakelite and plastic jewellery) which was having a big sale where nearly everything in the shop was $2. $60 later I have now plastic earrings in every colour imagineable, with matching braclets, awesome little hair bow clips, the lot! I also bought another fan so we can each have one on the sides of the bed.

I have kept up with my walking going every night for atleast an hour! I have lost just over 3.5kgs which is really good, but best of all I have firmed up,there are some steps by the beach, about 20 in total which I go up and down five times, by the end of that I have jelly legs! I will have to go at about 6 tonight as its far tooo hot.
We want to paint the house before we get air conditioning, as its silly getting it in summer when everyone does and is expensive, the same with the pool.
There is an auction this sunday as the antique shop at margate is closing down, mum and I are going to have a look for some art deco goodies.
I think I have lost about 10 kgs in water today! I want summer to end now! We had a huge summer rain pour down last night at about 10.30-11pm. It went for about an hour and it was so heavy you couldnt even hear yourself speak.
I'll try to take a picture of my bird goodies a little later.

No comments: