Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006 in review


2007 started in good fashion, it was a hot summer day and we stayed in pjs till atleast 1am. We ate lots of leftovers and made some art in the afternoon, completing our japanese kumurie dolls. I stuffed mine up so stevie made another one, his own design and did such a good job. He made the black background geisha all from scratch. I didnt read the instructions right and it was a big big mistake! I can see how stevie was good at games workshop, he's quite paitent!

I watered the garden whilst stevie cooked us an awesome prawn bhuna from all the prawns we had left over, we got the recipe from the net and used our chillies from our own front garden! It was very authentic tasting! That night we stayed up and listened to all our old cds, and music I used to listen to when I was 16 and 17, whilst also reading books in bed. It was a really good day overall.


Today we went for lunch and a movie, we went and saw A night at the museum with ben stiller and ricky gervais. It was pretty good, but just a tad schmultzy in parts. We are making pasta and bruschetta tonight and then going for a twilight bike ride. I bought a pair of shorts and a miami ink tattoo shirt at kmart! Tattoo shirts at kmart!

Tommorow we will enjoy our last day off together, I have my interview for the Kippa ring store at 10am at Cafe Nada at Scarborough Beach. Bit bummed I have to do it on a day off, but the sooner the better I guess!


I dont think I am doing any new years resolutions bar maybe ride my bike and get relatively fit.

We do however have house plans: this year we would like to:

*fix up art deco room:easily done, only need to make curtains, and get some art deco decorations and frame some prints.

*put a heat fan in the ceiling and get the ceiling replastered in the bathroom

*paint the house

*try to get a above ground pool installed.

*have a cat pen installed in backyard.


We were going to get airconditioning but to be honest it hasnt been too unbearable. Its been the mildest summer for 7 years with averages around 28-29 without too many 35+ degrees days like last year. January is meant to be hotter but we are really only home two days a week and in winter there will be specials for air conditioning. I think we could maybe survive with an airconditioner in the main big longue room and maybe a small one in our bedroom. I think the house is too big to get fully air conditioned and once you open the windows it's not too bad.


2006 was a really big year for us:

*we left scotland in febuary

* had 5 awful days in hong kong

*moved to brisbane

*found jobs within a week and started jobs within days in stevie's case!

*saved money and bought our first home in July

*scavaged garage sales, the sidewalk, lay-byed at sales, scoured antique shops to furnish a 4 bedroom two longue room house!
*made some friends
*met all the family
*had judy over for an amazing two months
*learnt how to sew
*learnt how to bbq
*had three caravan holidays down in potsville
*desa and isis became firm friends
* celerated our first wedding anniversary, our 3rd xmas together

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

My darling Scarlett well you ve well and truely turned the tears on here!!! What a beautiful post I can just picture you both creating and the japanese dolls are wonderful.
What an amazing 2006 you had I feel extremely privilaged to have been part of it ~ thankyou my darlings. Love you so much xxxx Mum xxxxx