Saturday, January 06, 2007

Good stationary.

Has three really busy days back at work, on a normal day we would make about $4000 and handover about $4000 worth of jobs with 3-4 staff members on. Since Thursday we did $9000 in sales and $4000 in handovers, friday we did $7500 and $5000 in handovers and today we did over $8000 in sales and $3000 in handovers with three people on each day. Its been bedlam! I have had paperwork that has needed to be done since Thursday and I've barely had 10 minutes in 3 days to even sit down and do anything!
I start on Monday at Kippa Ring as manager! and am working monday-friday which means 9 days straight! ecck! I do have the whole weekend off next week which will be good, Mum has gone on a saturday off rotation and we are planning maybe to go up to Montville for the day to go to the Eumundi markets, all the nice shops and have lunch at the Montville/Maleny teahouse which over looks the mountains. Stevie has his fishing trip on Tuesday so I am grateful I am working, as it would have been useless being home alone.
My mum picked me up this afternoon so I could do all the washing for the week, I finished at 4pm and it doesnt get dark until after 7.30ish now so I have plenty of sunlight t dry them, they only need about 30 mins in the Oz sun. Its soo very hot today.
We have had rain everynight for nearly a week. Downpours at about 10-10.30 just as we are about to go to bed. It doesn't rain here, it POURS! and it sounds so good on a tin roof. Brisbane is so amazingly green. My yard is like a lush paddock at the momment, bright green and my hydrengas have flowered again. The whole of brisbane is looking so nice at the momment.

I am meeting the girls from my work for my going away breakfast tommorow morning at Bada Bing cafe. They organised to be up early and come in on their day off to see my away. They are so lovely. I got an embroided cushion from one of the girls, its cream silk with cherry blossom and blue birds embroided on it. So beautiful!

We are making Indian for dinner tonight, we went out for Indian a few nights ago with my mum which was lovely. Stevie made a curry paste a few days ago so we are having that with chicken (for stevie) and I'm making small chopped up baked potato and lentil dish with a madras sauce with dipping breads. After dinner I would like to go for a quick bike ride by the beach, come home watch the Bill at 8.30, some midsommer murders and then bed!!

I had some retail therapy indulgence regarding my new job, I bougth myself a gorgeous bright orange diary and then went to sniggle, my fav stationary shop and spent up $30 buying green robot exercise books, gel pens, orange and green rubber bands which are really stretchy to fit over books and papers. How I love good stationary shopping!

3 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Hi my darling hope you got on well today Monday and glad you survived the chaos at work (chermside) ~ everyone was making sure they got their glasses before you left!!!!!
Love you both loads and loads, ~ Mum xxxx

Anonymous said...

hey there, i was hoping you could tell me where i can find sniggle stationary?? I can't seem to find any info about it but i heard it was really great.
Ta, Susannah

Anonymous said...

PS. my email is sanscg21@hotmail.com
Susannah