Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hot Hot HEAT!

You can only imagine how hot 35 degrees is with 70% humidity! That has what it has been every day for the last week or so. I have enjoyed being in the beautiful air conditioning at work every day, today stevie and I had to face it! We went to sandgate on a little antique shopping and then went to the full moon tavern for lunch. Stevie was walking down the street with his shirt half off at times it was that hot! We stopped off at redcliffe on the way home and saw the cutest ewokish looking kitten ever at the pet shop and I bought $8 of ribbon from my favourite old habadaschery shop, considering ribbon there is mainly 20cents per metre, that was a whole lot of ribbon I got!
I got a macadamia and mango ice cream and stevie got a honeycomb and strawberry ice cream and we sat by the jetty on a balcony at redcliffe and enjoyed the beautiful sea breezes, it cooled it down by atleast 5-10 degrees!
Unfortunatly after that we had to come home! Poor kitties in the heat every day, I started looking for cat enclosures but think I am going to put my brain into gear and will try to fix up our little back shed, I am also this weekend going to investigate air conditioning units for the front and back room, i think its maybe too much to get one in ours?, I want the twin ducted types and mum says alot are on sale with insulation at the momment, and then in the paper we will look for our pool. When we get the pool I will never leave the house!

Stevie has gone fishing this afternoon. This friday is Australia Day and everyone gets the day off, we are having a very aussie day and having a bbq. We're making lemon chicken on the bbq, steak,lamb shisk kebabs, garlic potatoes, vegie couscous, steak,herbed cucumber and tomato, with pita's . I'm going to make a mint pineapple juice punch and we're getting some pavlova and cheesecake from the cheesecake shop. We're inviting wade and tracey and ruby over.

My work is going fantastically. I love it. I have a big satellite meeting on wednsday up at Mooloolaba!
I have stayed true to my new years resolution to get fit, I have been walking every night for an hour around the bay, I walk really fast so an hour gets me far! and last friday I spent an hour walking and then also an hour bike riding, after my hour on my bike my butt and legs felt the burn! Its working wonders, as I have met hip and rib bones which I havent seen since scotland! I am going to try to keep up my walking atleast 5 days a week and I am suprised at my dedication as I feel bad if I even consider not going! When I do go, I feel great if not super sweaty! I go at 5.45 normally and the sun is still out but its not quite as hot and by the time I get home at nearly 7 I am not yet looking like a dill for wearing sunnies!

This sunday my mum and I are going to Lilys cottage and then going up to the Eumundi mountain markets. We went on sunday to some great fruit markets and then out to breakfast together at a great place called BadaBing! Yum!
I am doing a rose garden in my front yard, so my dad and I have mulched like mad over summer whilst all my flowers bar my bouganvilla's and dragonsnaps have died. We're going up to caboolture markets in two weeks to start getting some roses

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh! I can imagine 35c with high humidity as we regularly see higher than that in the summer. At the moment we are having a pleasant reprieve from the hot weather with temps near 4c for the best part of 2 weeks. That is unusually cool for this part of TX. Believe or not, people are already complaining about the lack of sun and heat!

dotty_scotts said...

This has been the mildest summer we've had supposedly in 10 years, Xmas 2005 was 40 degrees plus. Normally we get 35-38 degrees from the start of summer in december all the way through to end of feb with febuary being a stinker! But this year we had temps of about 26-30 for the last two months and it has been really pleasant. Now it isnt!

Judy Scott said...

Now that is hot and sticky, so glad youre enjoying work and all this exercise sounds wonderful ~ I can see Im gonna have to get mega fit for the next time I come over if I have to keep up with you!!!! lol. Loads of love Mumxxx