Saturday, January 27, 2007

Aussssstraaalia day.

Happy Australia Day everyone.
yesterday was australia day and we all got the day off, so what did we do? Swelter about in the summer heat and had a smashing bbq.

It was 37 degrees yesterday! and 35 today, though I was in air conditioning all day today, and was going to go for my daily hour walk but decided to update my blog instead, my folks are coming around for a bbq left over dinner tonight whilst Stevie has band practice so I'll set up outside nice instead, and dance around like a dork tonight. I will just make sure I go for 2 hrs tommorow.

Yesterday we had wade and ruby and tracey over and we cooked up a storm.
Dippa's bread, turkish bread and garlic bagels with beetroot dip, homous, a thai and cashew dip for starters, with stuffed vine leaves.
For drinks we had pineapple juice with ginger beer, lime and mint.

Dinner was handmade (by me!) Lamb sheesh kebab with mint and coriander, stevie's lemon and chilli chicken, steak, sweet chilli and garlic roasted potatoes, basil and garlic roast mushrooms, roast balsamic vegetable cous cous with sweet potato, red peppers, green peppers,red onion, carrott, zucchinni, and chilli, a mango lime chilli and red onion salsa, a chickpea, cucumber and yoghurt salsa, a garden salad and pita breads.

Dessert was watermelon, strawberries and mango, vanilla ice cream, chocolate mud cake and strawberry cheesecake.
I have so much left over! It was a really nice day.
It pretty much is an anniversarry as such for our 1st year in Australia, we left just about now from Scotland! It feels so long ago.
Next Australia day stevie can become an aussie and get a wattle tree as his 'present' for being a citizen! Lucky him huh!

I'm dieing for our pool. Hurry up poool!

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

Happy anniversary!!!! It has flown but I miss you so much:( Your dinner sounds wonderful youre some talented girl. Hope youre having a wonderful week xxx Mumx