Sunday, December 24, 2006

Only one more day!


Yeah Its Xmas eve day! I'm really looking forward to christmas now, mainly cause I have finished work! I think its kitty xmas day today, as I have just woken up to see about 10 prawn heads on my kitchen floor (which I spent yesterday cleaning) from the kg of prawns I bought yesterday for stevie and I to bbq tonight. During the night Desa and Isis have come up with a plan to open the fridge, I think Desa was ontop of Isis's shoulders and then attack open a sealed plastic bag which was covered in paper aswell, full of $9 a kilo king Australian prawns. I have such naughty and clever kitties! Thats what you get for having purebreds I guess. They must have feasted cause I only have heads on my floor left and neither have screamed at me for food like they normally do first thing in the morning!
Last night when stevie got home we went down to the waterfront markets and had some dinner from cafe NADA. It had just gotten dark at 7pm and had cooled down considerably from the 35degrees it was yesterday. We shared a bruschetta and I had lasange and salad and stevie had a chicken tandorri salad with a few beers. It was a nice stroll seeing all the Xmas lights up.
Mum and I went to the shops yesterday for our Xmas grocery shopping. I am making triple chocolate brownies and chocolate and caramel sauce brownies tommorow, a lentil vegie loaf and a semi sundried and sweet pepper tart. I will make the brownies toda, but the rest will be in the morning. We aren't going over to Aunty Marions until 3pm so I got things fora bbq breakfast on Xmas day.
We are having a little get together at our's on New Year's with wade and his girlfriend tracey and their baby Ruby and another of stevie's friends Remy. My mum may come around aswell. We're just having a bbq and we'll go see the fireworks on Scarborough Beach, there being let off from a barge in the middle of Morteon Bay supposedly.
Today I have a little more cleaning to do now..thanks kitties! and then I'm going down the street to get some Carlton Cold beer for stevie tommorow.
I can't wait till Santa comes! I was listening in bed to Frank Sinatra singing xmas caroles, and I don't even like Frank Sinatra!
I got some more cute retro reindeers (thats what there called!) yesterday which were on sale, they're made of tinsel material and are white and pink, and my larger ones are white and red. A bargain at only $2.50 each and $1.25 for the small ones.
It is very weird to think just last Xmas we were in Scotland. Everything has gone so fast and things have changed so much aswell! In the new year we want to write a list of what we want to achieve, first on the list being air conditioning, paint the house and a pool, hopefully all by next Xmas! We'd also like maybe a devon rex and a holiday for a few days down to melbourne...ie shoes!!!!!!
Stevie is excited for his deep sea fishing adventure over at Morteon Island, he leaves on the 9th at 5am and comes back on the last ferry. He's going with wade from his work and another guy he met who comes in and gets tattooed, he's arranged a boat, all the equipment they need and a bbq for them...I'm a fishing widow I swear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two :D Sorry I've missed out on loads of your blogging lately - I got used to you not posting and have lots of catching up to do!
Just popped over to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Bright & Beautiful New Year!
Love and Hugs for you both, and one for Desa, too! Have a great time :D
Suze xXx

Judy Scott said...

Oh wow what wonderful kitties you have I love them and miss them so much. Mumxxxxxx