Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hot Hot heat.

Boiling! Thats the only word I could use to really convey how I have felt today. Its been soo hot the last two days, 30+ and I have felt like dieing.
Last night we had our 50th bbq and ate burgers and slushies, stevie had three of them! He proceeded to stay up till 1am in our bed reading his new (and now finished) Ricky Gervais book. We woke this morning to a bright and sunny day and lulled around the house till 11.30 till we went down the street for some lunch. We had golden circle pineapple juice, mango, weiss mango sorbet and watermelon juices with lots of ice for breakfast. They were beautiful.
Scarborough cafes were packed with lady's who lunch having their Xmas party's so we stopped off at the newsagent to have a goss at some mags and then had Italian. I had roasted vegie's burger and chips which was really nice and stevie had a lasange. We had 20 mins to spare before I went to the doctors so we went down to the water. On the way home I got one of my favourite ice creams ever, Weiss Mango and Macadamia bar and came home and had pineapple crushes again. It was too hot to do anything so at 4pm stevie went out to the deck to draw, it had cooled down nicely and I even brought my ironing board out to do my weekly uniform ironing. I cant even fathom eating, I just want icy cold juices.
Unfortunatly this is the last day I have off for 9 days, saying that I will be in air conditioning! Heaven! I am taking half the day off on Tuesday and dad is going to take me to two places to get the last of my pressies. I am going to get the rest of my presents during my 1/2 hour lunch breaks.
Its crazy news about the Suffolk ripper as they are calling it! I have a fascination for true crime books, with about 3 boxes of them alone. I'm surprised after they found the first 2 bodies, they didnt have some undercover surveilance going on of the prostitutes.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

I dont believe what Im seeing here, this is the Scarlett that wasnt going over the top ~~~~~~~~~~ wayhey crazy stuff wish I could see it for real!!!!

Those pineapple juices you talk about sound divine we cannot get that make here :(

Scarborough sounds wonderful and its lovely to be able to picture it all.

Well my darlings were having wonderful weather we are flooded!!! with beautiful rain blowing a hurricane and really really cold dont want to make you jealous or anything! but you never know tomorrow it may snow.....

Take care and loves you both so much Mum xxxxxxx