Friday, December 15, 2006

Holy Batman!






Holy cow! The whole of the front of the house just moved, we've just come back from Stevie's bday dinner with my mum and dad at the lovely Breakfast Creek Hotel. We were originally going to sit in the outdoor area but it started to rain so we got some seats in the restaraunt which was really cool as it was half inside/half out and was done up all spanish and matador filled. I could have taken a whole bag full of decorations for our living room. Halfway through dinner it started pouring down and you could hear the possums on the roof. The breakfast creek hotel is known for its huge steaks which you choose from, there are about 10 different types of steak ect...I was the only one who refrained from eating my friendly beast that is the cow.

We had a lovely chatty evening and on the way home there was quite a large thunder and lightning display, the sky was going purple and you could actually see the forks of lightning going all the way to the ground!

We have just got hom and had some cake and there was the LOUDEST ever crack of thunder which actually vibrated the house, the sound alone went for a good two to three minutes! The storm has brought us some much needed rain aswell, which I hope will last through the night. I'm off to bed, I love the sound of rain on a tin roof. I'll quickly post some pictures before the electricity may go out!

Notice we are all wearing our dark rimmed glasses, we were the table of the bespectacled!Uncle Keith is having his 50th in January and he is having a party where you dress up as a rockstar. Dad is going as either the guy from Boney M or the policeman from the Village People, Stevie wants to go as MC5, Mum is wanting to go as the blonde from ABBA and I am debating either: Kate Bush, Cyndi Lauper( my fav) or Nana!

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

panicked then, I really thought the house had moved and was damaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh boy its so lovely to see your mum and dad in the photos, they look amazing, and their glasses I noticed right away, I wish Id been with you, Id have worn mine too. Can I come to uncle Keiths party too, now let me see who could I be, Stevie would say gabrielle!!! cos of my hair.

Will dad wear a wig if he goes as boney m???????? and who is it stevie wants to go as?? didnt recognise the name, THANKYOU for commenting on my blog by the way!!!
Its been crazy weather here so wet the ground is soaking and there you have great big craters in the ground (it was on our news how bad it is just now in Australia. Hope your surviving work ~ miss you all so much, Love you Mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dotty_scotts said...

The bushfires in tasmania, vic and nsw have been terrible. Qld hasnt had any infact we have had two days now of tropical storms, lighnting and thunder, I missed qld storms when I was away. the ground has gotten a good soaking and everything is lovely and lush and green again. The last two days have been quite mild 25-26ish which has been a great relief from the 30-35+ we have been having. We are meant to have one more day of rain and then it's going to fine up.
The guy from the mc5 that stevie wants to be has a big afro and wears a small scarf around his neck. Dad would probabley get an afro wig and do the side part for boney m!