Sunday, December 10, 2006

I hate blogger! I've sat down and tried to blog three times with each time failing. Time is really really precious for me at the momment. I haven't worked a Xmas time for the last three years as I have been overseas and frankly next year I think I am going to take it off!
Chermside is absolutely bedlam!I am stressed to the rafters at the momment, it seems people in retail really don't have a Christmas time as they are staying open all hours of the day and night so that everyone else can! I am working at the momment 45-50 hrs a week and I'm not even doing the late nights due to my transport problems, but 50 hrs a week of work with 4 hours travelling a day and trying to organise nice things for stevie's birthday, xmas and everything else = frazzled scarlett!
My Xmas presents unfortunatly for everyone oversea's arent going to make it in time, they may be a week late or so as I'm still to finish them off and I spoke to the postman last week, and parcels needed to be sent last week to get to the Uk for Xmas. The Uk supposedly is always three-four days behind. Grr. I feel quite disapointed that I've not been able to accomondate what I was doing but I'm only just learning to sew and perhaps I've been a tad ambishes. I am pleased with what I have done so far anyway!
We got our bbq last week and have had 4/5 nights bbq! Stevie is obsessed. We went to a bbq party last weekend which was good. Stevie is away fishing at the momment, him and wade go every sunday and come home at all hours of the night, last week they were away in a big electrical storm!

This week I had tuesday and wednsday off with stevie and we went to the movies, saw BORAT= terrible! and got our xmas decorations. I had said that I wasn't going overboard with decorations but somehow we have turned into the Griswalds of Scarborough. Our next door neighbour walked past as I was on a kitchen chair putting up lights over our jasmine garland in our front yard and was like, you have certainingly got the Christmas spirit! She also asked if Stevie was going to dress up as santa! She's just a tad senile but harmless and friendly!
As you may know we have a pink tree which I have decorated with silver, purple and pink bobbles, lights and flamingoes! Above the tree I used my flamingo material to make lavender filled bobbles which hang from the ceiling, and I also made some felt birds with heart shaped eyes which are also suspended from the ceiling. I got some beautiful cherry blossom material from my local sewing centre at Kippa Ring and made a tree skirt.
In the front window I hung some tin and wooden signs and toys from the window with some bobbles and red lights. I have a small mantle in the front lounge room which has some reindeers, christmas coasters and christmas stockings on them.
At the front door I have two reindeers made out of fake grass/lawn which are very cute as well as blue lights in my topiary trees, a reindeer light on my front door, a red light in the tree in the front, icicle lights around the patio and onto the awning of my front window, and clear fairy lights onto the jasmine garland!
I made some christmas stockings for stevie and I which are quite huge. I am really quite chuffed how they turned out as I only used what I had spare in the way of material, felt and buttons.
I posted all my handmade xmas cards away to the uk on thursday and will start mailing my aussie ones tommorow.
I'm pretty on top of xmas presents, we did a kriss kringle this year, so I have gotten all of stevie's presents and we are getting presents for my mum and dad. My mum is really easy to buy for whilst my dad is another story!

It's stevies birthday on tuesday, he keeps on going into the spare room to look at all his wrapped presents, declaring that today is infact his birthday. I have made some brownies tonight for his birthday as well as bought some yummy food to bbq for breakfast on tuesday. We are going to Sultans turkish restaraunt for lunch and are going to the Breakfast Creek Hotel for his birthday dinner on Friday where we will have his cake.
It has been beautiful weather, about 29-30 degrees every day but with a nice sea breeze. I have been putting sunscreen on every day for the bus as my arms are quite tanned! I don't want any tan! I got four new pairs of glasses, including a very swish pair of huge black Versace sunglasses with polarised lenses in them, black plastic Donna Karan glasses, Black and white miumiu (prada) frames and also a pair of red and pink miumiu's. My work gives me two pairs every year and My health insurance paid for the other two, all but $90 which was amazing considering I require high index expensive lenses!
Scarborough is getting really busy in summer, this morning on the bus at 8am all the picnic spots were taken by the beach already. They're was an old fashioned car rally taking place when mum drived me home, and there was my all time favourite dream car a Citreon ds in lovely mint green! I want one in the exact same colour or a pewter gray!I was drooling.

I have picked up a bargain this week with bags, wedge shoes are everywhere and I bought myself a cute pair of shoes last week for the bbq party on saturday, they were beige leather with four straps at the foot and one around the ankle. They have the smallest ever wedge heel in cork. They were so comfy I am going to get another pair in black.
I went past a bag shop at my work and they had these bags which were crotched and in a semi round shape with bamboo handles. I was like...ohh I like! and went to buy one yesterday but they were all gone! :( I found around at their other stores and found that the shop at DFO near the airport had them in black, beige and white for only $11.99 each! So I got all three :) Yeahhh!

I have made roast pork with all the trimmings, onion, carrott, potato, sweet potato, brown rice, gravy and corn on the cob for dinner with some garlic bread but alais stevie is still out fishing! He made me watch a show called River to Reef last night all about fishing on the local community tv channell!
I might not have much time to blog as after Wednsday I am working 9 days straight right up to the saturday before Xmas!
Hope yr not too disapointed that yr Xmas pressies will be a little late.

Love to all!
P.s there were the cutest burmese kittens at the petstore the other day, I had to stop myself from bringing one home on the bus. We have been looking up devon rex kitties of late, as they are so ugly there cute!
When stevie gets home I'll get him to take some piccies of our lights.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

hi darlings so lovely to see a new post from you, its such a shame that blogger isnt working properly for you. Im exhausted just reading your post what a crazy time youre having and working all those hours.

Im laughing my socks off imagining your house with all the lights and ornaments, never ever minimalist!!!! Thats why we love you so, youre just individual!!!

Love the sound of all the goodies youve made the stockings and baubles look and sound fabulous and you made a Christmas tree skirt ~ well done babe!

Do not worry one bit about presents, just post lots of photos thats enough for us. not sure I like the sound of an ugly cute kitty!!!!

Take care and love you all lots Mum xxxxxxxx