Friday, December 22, 2006

Nutty as a nutcracker





I have barely survived 9 days working straight in the crazy sub city that is Chermside. Its started to adversely affect me. At 4am this morning I woke up worrying about a person's job which had gone missing at the lab. I need a break! I went into work early today to see if I could fix it as Sydney are an hour a head of us with day lights saving's. The centre was open for 32 hours straight last night from 8am yesterday to 9pm tonight. Thankfully we closed at 9pm only and I did the day shift. It has just been sooo crazy busy and I feel like I could sleep for days! We had my work's night out on Wednsday night, we went out to a pizza place called BadaBing and had a $400 tab. Stevie is out tonight with his work.

I don't have to go back to work until Thursday and then I work for 4 days and then have another 4 days off, so atleast it will be a nice 2 weeks.

I thought I had some of the best light displays at Scarborough but this last week everyone has gotten their lights out and all the richey riches of my town have gone completly OTT WITH LIGHTS! Pfft! It was caroles in Redcliffe tonight.


Some of the sales have started and I bought a few wooden and tin ornaments for the house.I got 4 wooden nutcrackers for only $8 each and also a Xmas tree which has small tin soldiers which go around the tree singing song's.It was a bargain at 75% off and only $10! I also got a tin soldier with a clock who sings a tune on the hour.


I have all my xmas presents sorted. I have bought sooo much! I am also going groceries for Xmas tommorow, I am making a lentil dish, a cherry tomato tart, brownies and some couscous and roast vegie salad. We are having a ham, a roast, 4kgs of prawns, steaks and sausages, roast vegies, lobster, salad and aunty marion is making mini xmas puddings with white chocolate sauce, strawberry cheesecakes and macadamia tarts. We are staying at Aunty Marions' and then going to the boxing day sales in the city.

The weather has been really mild and lovely, today we even had some rain this morning, my garden is very green and we have a beautiful frangapani which has bloomed in the back yard. Its been averaging around 28degrees which is mild considering it is normally 35+ around this time. Xmas day is notouriously one of the hottest days of the year.


I'll post some pics of my decorations as I am getting my jammies on and having an early night!

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

glad you've survived work, enjoy your preps for A Marions!!!! Speak soon mum x