Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cruisin...



Howdy! Well its been ages since I've written on here, things have been a little hectic of late.

I've settled in really well being a manager (and being paid manager wages...yeahhh!) its quite a bit of extra work and a little more stress but things are going really well and I can honestly say I really like my work 9.9/10 which is fab. The 15 minute bus ride per morning and mum picking me up in the afternoon's is great aswell. Mum and I have been doing a lot of antique shopping and normal shopping on our joint sunday's off together which has been great, went up to samford two weeks ago and got a beautiful vintage geisha doll and another bird ceramic for our room. The antique shop at samford is lovely, and because we have been getting alot of rain and storms lately everything particularly the countryside at daybro and samford is lush and green. The cows look very happy in their fields.

My aunty di is down from Katherine at the momment, she was meant to come down on Saturday but she was flooded in the northern territory. They managed to get through for a sunday flight, on sunday afternoon we picked up stevie from the train station and all went to Morgans for fish and chips. Aunty Marion and Keith and the girls all came with us well, I made a roast sweet potato, roast peppers, roma tomato, lettuce and roasted pine nut salad and everyone brought along wine and goodies (in my mum's case she brought along salt, her and her sisters are what keep the salt mines of the world open!).

Its uncle Keith's 50th on saturday and he's having a big party at their house, about 60 people are going and they've got it all catered for and have over 15 cartons of Brown Brother's wine for the night. I think my mum will have a very tender head on the sunday! Its a costume party where you dress up as yr favourite rock star or favourite era of music. Stevie is going as the singer of the mc5 and has an afro wig and mc5 shirt and a little scarf for his neck. I am going as a flapper girl as I love all that...shooobywoooby war music. I actually scored a real dress from the 1920's which is peachish in colour with black spots on the skirt. I already have tbar shoes, I bought some kylie minogue black fishnet stockings (normally $24, I scored them for $3 each at a big sale at Myers, I bought 10 pairs of beige and 3x black!), I got some gorgeous drop black earrings from myers, and already had a beaded necklace and braclet set, from kleins at my work I got a feathered black fascinator and feathered black broach.

I'm going all out for it! On sunday I also got some glitter hairspray as I am doing my fringe in finger waves at the front and a bun, and also got some peachy lipstick as I am wearing my Bvlgari bling bling spec's and heavy rimmed black glittery eyes. I also have a vintage lace black shawl to wear. I got dressed up in the gear last night and I was impressed! I will definatly take lots of pics on the night, my mum is going psychodelic for the night and keith is going as ozzy osborne complete with tats from stevie, and marion as 'SHAAAROOONNN'.

A fun night should be had by all.

Stevie is going really well in his two bands, we have new mobile phones and he is mr popular forever getting msgs from all his million of friends! Hmmp!


We are offically going on a big holiday next year in Febuary. I booked it this week, how exciting! We're going on a cruise through the Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef for 7 nights. We have a stop over in Cairns where I booked a trip to the Kuranda Rail and also a day snorkeling on the reef. It seems like its one big eat fest! The food looks amazing, and the good thing is I have a year to organise a cruise worthy wardrobe! Cocktails with the captain..hmm lets see what sorta outfit I can come up with! Drinking (probably ginger beer) by the pool...something maybe glam?

Haha p and o pacific sun will not know what's hit them!



We are going to book a few nights in May to go up to Maleny and Montville to stay at a bed and breakfast with my mum and dad for the weekend. Its beautiful in winter and stevie wants to go up there.

I have sent away for some brochures for Morteon Island as we want to go there for a fishing (!) holiday in september for a week.


Hope everyone is well, will post pictures of saturday

2 comments:

Judy Scott said...

this is all so absolutely fabulous, its so wonderful that you love your job they must be so happy to have you too darling. Samford sounds so lovely I think we had a drive up there??? am I right Your birds are so sweet where are they going. Give my love to everyone and I soooo wish I could be at the party sounds so amazing get plenty PLENTY of photos please. Your outfits sound fab and youll be a real princess in all your gorgeous things.

The cruise sounds divine and the trip to Moreton Island ~ Im really turning green!!!! only joking!

Roma tomatoes yum I could eat a dozen, SCarlett dont forget what you wrote in my blog ~ a Queenslander would be wonderful doesnt have to be too big!!!! Then I could go to Lilys Cottage and all the markets and furnish it ~ dreams. Well best be off and get ready for the p/t see you later darling Love you both so much xxx Mum xxxx

ps one of my blog friends lives on King Street near your Mum ~ how freaky is that and she goes to a quilting group at woody Point ~ shes just moved there and is making new friends gradually. I asked her to send lots of hugs through the air for you !!

dotty_scotts said...

Yea samford is where we drove threw twice, once with mum and we stopped at a little craft shop, its just beyond daybro and petrie and we went there once with dad aswell, on the way back from the ferny grove markets and we were singing on the way, its quite hill like! The birds are on my side of the bed on the little bedside table. You and yr fab hair would look great as a flapper! I practised my smoky eye look tonight and stevie was like, you should do it like that every day!its tres dramatic! hehe. roma tomatoes, Ive been eating them by the dozen as theyre super cheap at the momment, them and advocadoes as our tree at the back has given us about 20 ripe ones at the momment!
My mum goes in the lottoe aswell and every time we enter she is all like, wouldnt it be great if we won, we could bring judy and jim over for good! So you've got both of us rubbing our hands together for luck! Lots of love xoxox