Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Caught by the fuzz....

I went to the podiatrist bright and early this morning at 9.30, Stevie walked with me and went to breakfast at Cafe Nada. My appoitment was for an hour as I had to have all this measuring done and then a plaster cast of my feet made. Stevie came in and watched that bit, which was quite brave of him! Supposedly I dont have one big 'abnormality' with my feet but a series of three things, each about 3 degrees out which are all going the same way, and are all adding up which are causing the difficulties I've been having. I will only need a 3/4 orthodic which should hopefully mean I can still get the two pairs of shoes I want.
After my appoitment we quickly hailed a taxi and went to the movies to see HOT FUZZ, a really brillant english film with simon pegg who was in shaun of the dead. It is about 100 times better than shaun of the dead which I thought was pretty poor despite my love for b grade horror flicks. It had one of stevies favourite people ever in it, Stephan Merchant from office and extra's fame.
After that we went for some malaysian food which was lovely and then ice creams after that!. We caught the bus home, and mum and dad were over at the house, after spending the day before at the Sofitel hotel for their 28th wedding anniversary. Stevie played 'catch the advocado' with dad, who climbed up our huge tree to retrieve about 40 ripe advocadoes we have! Score! Its unfortunate we can't sell them in scotland, you pay a small fortune for them there!
Stevie has gone into the city for band practice which he is loving. They are recording on good friday, and playing there first gig on the 31st of may. He has found an amp he wants which we will try to squeeze into the budget in the next couple of weeks, the painting of the house will have to wait a little!
Because of going out for lunch, Im just going to make myself a whole lot of roma tomatoes roasted a little with some rye cruskits. I got three punnetts the other day for 50cents each! I've gone tomato mad! I made lasange last night with a whole heap of them, and been having salads as a side every night so they don't get wasted.
Must go have a shower and get in my jammies,(new ones, white flanellette with black and light blue desa leopard spots!) and do a little snuggling up on the couch watching the bill!

No comments: