Monday, March 19, 2007

Feel my bones


Shorncliffe



Shorncliffe



Suttons Beach parklands



Shorncliffe Church



Low tide over looking the Shorncliffe Jetty










Redcliffe








Suttons Beach



Scarborough,a boat and wind surfer


Redcliffe Jetty



The week has gone so fast! Its nearly the end of March already.
We'll lets see, its Autumn and we are still daily in the low 30 degrees temperatures, its like summer has gone on for months and months. It is getting marginally cooler at night, hovering at about 20 degrees. It is making days off nice as I go for a long walk around Scarborough and Redcliffe and even down to Margate! and the water is beauutiful and blue.


Tommorow Stevie and I have the day off. I have to get up early and go get fitted for orthodic inserts for shoes! Cry Cry Cry! I went to the podiatrist last wednsday and unfortunatly was met with bad news. My feet are in a bad way! I walk with a pronation going inwards which has led to bunions on my two inner sides of both feet and the starting of tailor bunions on my outside of my feet aswell! Ouch. It has only really become noticeable this year, my big toe on my right side is heading inwards :( and I have the big telltale lump which is my bone moving out and on the left my second toe is heading upwards. Supposedly this would be a result of how I walk and not neccessarily of my shoes, as because of my wide feet, I normally wear ballett shoes all the time. I used to wear pointy shoes but I cant get away with them anymore, mainly because of how my feet have gone! So to stop the progress I need to get some insoles made which I will have to use all the time, I have to get rid of my ballett shoes which are the worse things to wear and start wearing orthodic shoes.I have to wear shoes all the time now aswell! Luckily there is a shop that sells some kumps orthodic shoes which are actually really nice. I want a pair of mary janes called Glitter and another slightly heeled strapped pair called Irene. http://www.kumps.com.nz


Unfortunatly they are super pricey at $200 each, but my health fund will pay $250 per year, so I will get both and just be out of pocket $150 which I will claim on tax. I need to always be wearing strapped or laced up shoes as slip ons are the worst shoe for your foot! My instep is going to cost $400 but I also get half of that back from my health insurance!
I will have to sneakingly wear my ballett shoes when I'm wearing my nice dresses. In the week since I have know about how I walk, I have been trying to correct it in my own not very scientific way and have pulled a hip muscle! Hehehe so I'm hobbling and probably making it worse!
Why did it have to happen to me! I love shoes, I have atleast 50 pairs!
Yesterday we picked up stevie from the train station and went out for dinner. On the way, we went the coastal road as it was such a glorious day and took some pictures. These were taken at about 5.30pm so you can see what a bright and sunny day it was.
We're going to go for some lunch and go see the movie Hot Fuzz tommorow after I see the podiatrist and then stevie heads off into the city for his band practice. On Wednsday he is going to see Converge! I am well jealous! He got given a free ticket, I used to love Converge and haven't see them since 2000 when I was in germany!
I picked up all my lovely laybys and have ordered my new uniform, which is majorly impressive! We got two pants or skirts and 5 tops. I ordered 2x pleated skirts, 2x white cuffed long sleeve tops, 2x blue cuffed long sleeve tops, 1x black 3/4 length boat neck top, 1x black cardigan and a black 3/4 length belted collared shirt dress. We also get cuff links and a blue neck scarf and a black short jacket with the order. I also have gotten a few pinafore dresses and a few skirts and cardigans to mix and match with. I have been sneakingly wearing them already! I love black and white! The new uniform isn't due to us until about June.
On saturday night we are going to a party at Brighton, Its my dads cousin Winnie. So stevie will get to meet all the Papua New Guinea extended relatives, it will be a pretty big party as its her 50th. The food will be great no doubt!
Enough rambling. I'll post some pictures. Happy UK mothers day Judy! Hope your being spoilt rotten!

No comments: