Monday, April 10, 2006

The Weekend.

New Farm Park


Abbott Street

Brisbane City River Walk at New Farm

Breakfast Creek Hotel

New Farm, Newstead Park




We had quite a food filled weekend! On friday night my Mum and Aunty Di stayed at our house as all the furniture was being moved out of their house. I made spinach, basil, sundried tomato and pine nut fettucini. Stevie and I both had to work on Saturday but after it all we went out to the Newmarket Hotel which is just down the road from us. Its been renovated and is quite slick, my dad used to go there when he was really young. We had some really nice turkish bread with sweet potato and cumin dip, houmous and a sweetchilli dip. I then had a thai curry, stevie and mum had 400gram rump steaks and dad had a tasting platter with calamari, spring rolls, scallops and dips. Stevie had a passionfruit and strawberry cheesecake.
The next morning, we went to Rics cafe in the Fortitude Valley for breakfast,there was a small market on aswell, I had a some lovely homemade canneloni baked beans with spinach and toasted turkish bread. Mum and Stevie had the full cooked breakfast which was massive! We then went for a drive to Newfarm which is the next suburb along, beside the water and took a trip down memmory lane. We went into newstead park which at 10am was full of bbqs and party sets ups and dad told us about when he was 17-18 him and his friend were smoking illegal grass based drugs and got chased by the police in dads hotted up green monaro and they took out 3 rows of the famous roses that fill the park. Mum and Dad lived on Abbott street in New Farm when I was just a lil spodling.
After dropping stevie off to work, we drove through ashgrove and the gap where I used to live when I was 11-14, and went past my old school Hilder Road State School. We visited my Aunty Marion and Keith at Ferny grove and organised to go the Breakfast Creek Hotel for easter sunday seafood and steak with them.
Stevie has tommorow and wednsday off, and I cant wait till Friday! Yeahhhh Yeahh!
I will post some pictures of some of the dresses that I have won in the last week.
I had some visions of Lou dressed for her party a lil like a russian tea lady, with a lovely vintage like dress, some tights, curled hair in a loose bun and her gorgeous greeny shoes that have a buckle on them.
Hope yr all well xxx


3 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Hi babe good to hear from you again, missed your little notes. All that food makes me feel ill, lol. Love the photos everywhere looks so beautiful. Wheres mum moving to? think you told me but cant remember. Ive got more pics on my blog if youve got time. Hope youre both well love you lots Judy xx

dotty_scotts said...

yr photos and pictures are all so lovely! Very jealous!

dotty_scotts said...

oh mum is moving only to another house maybe, because kathleen and her boyfriend are in mt isa with his mining.