Monday, August 28, 2006

Rain Rain come again.

It rained a lil today, yeah! all my pretty little plants at the front got a drink. Dad came over really early at 6am and mulched the front garden with sugar cane and then did the rest of the work on the backyard. He picked up these awesome old ice cream bowls and spoons from a retro shop and also a little watering jug for the patio. He is becoming retro shop king! and he's got a pretty good eye, he found another little rose plate for the wall above the sink.
Desa has taken to eating some of the leaves of our palm tree in the loungue, this supposedly cleans his gut which he decided to do on the kitchen pink mat. Grrr he has huge amounts of wooden floors to be sick on but he decided to do it on my lovely bright pink rug which was a clearance sale buy which I can't get again. it wont fully come out and I AM SOOOOO PEEEVED. My last try is with some carpet foam in the next few days, I think I will just have to throw it out, I hate walking past it knowing its got stains on it. I've tried so hard to make things nice and bamm, kitty breakfast everywhere. I can't find many remedies on the internet, anyone got any suggestions?
I had a big talk to my boss today, as my work is sending me on a managerial course, after the course I'm going to hit the company up for a major pay rise and also a transfer and it would have to be quick, my boss told me how impressed the Regional Manager is with me. I am only one of two who are going to the course, and one of them is already a manager.
I went to buy a BBQ today but they had sold out, so I got a rain check for it, hopefully it comes in this week.
I was thinking one of the only things I really miss about the UK bar people, is GRAZIA magazine, I used to love my fix of fashion on a wednsday. All the mags here bar the house ones I buy are all just gossipy rubbish bar vogue. I might write to them to make Grazia trans pacific ocean. Less than a week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scarlett - bet your excited waiting for Judy to get there - could you get Steve to e:mail the phone number - I have a digit wrong on my saved number !! talk soon hopefully

Gordon