Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tea Parties.

I've not blogged really since Judy has been as we have been all quite busy and enjoying her company. She has only 3 days to go and Stevie and I are really not looking forward to her leaving. Its been such a joy having her here and we've loved having her chirpyness and artyness around the house.
Since shes been here she's made me into the 'vintage cardie'to match with my vintage gardner and vintage cook persona's, we went to the quilt fair together last week and had a great time. We did a workshop for card making and I was hooked! I spent about $150 at the show buying supplies and then last monday we went to Spotlight, a huge shop dedicated to all things material, sewing like and arty and I bought up another $50 which was ALOT of things considering it was 20% off. At this rate, everyone I know needs to atleast get 2-3 cards of me for it to be worthwhile. I've made our lounge room a diaster area many times over the last few weeks making cards, its a good thing I have atleast 5 birthdays coming up with close loved ones already!
Yesterday was my birthday and It was probably the best I ever remember having, its been my first one at home for about 4 years which meant double the presents...yay! heeh, my luuuurvely husband got me gorgeous presents including a SEWING MACHINE!!!!!, Hermes perfume set, a huge beautiful book on Sweedish designers, a cherry blossom craft punch: love those things!, some lovely paper, some folders for me to put my art scraps in, and a lovely pea-sagey green jag purse so I don't lose all my cards and money as I normally do with my old purse.
From Judy and Jim and Rach and LouLou I got a vintage egg cup and a murano red and white blown glass basket: I collect 60-50's glassware/ceramics(great finds from judy), a vintage washing/peg bag for my laundry, a gorgeous handmade broach, a vintage kitty that Judy made for me which takes prize spot on my bed on her own mini hot waterbottle, such beautiful things!
My mum got me two pairs of shoes from Novo, there matching but in different colours, cream round toed closed sandal/flats with a strap around the ankle, also the same in brown. I had spied them earlier this month. I also got 5 lovely sparkly pens from Sniggle for my cards!
My brother got me a gorgeous memory board which is up in our room with some vintage cards.
I also got some beautiful bunting which is on my patio from my other family members!
My dad got me a big box of thrifted and vintage wares that he's scouted over town for since we've been back! He also got me a cake made for me for tea party this afternoon.
I was thoroughly spoilt!

I have a cold and a hacking cough which unfortantly has kept myself and everyone else in the house up, so yesterday I woke up pretty early and got all my lovely presents :) Mum came over around nine and we went to Bunnings and I got a whole heap of gerbras for my wheelbarrow in my garden and some bouganvilla's for my hanging plants and some lil cottagey flowers for my 1950's kitsch planters of a rabbit, an elephant and a lovely hand painted bird bowl I have. My patio and garden are looking very nice!
We then did a lil shopping for my tea party this afternoon and then went out for lunch at Shorncliffe which is a really nice seaside suburb near us, they were setting up for a 'moonlight' concert of mozart, though mum thought it was originally a roy orbinson night! We all had beer battered barramundi fish, salad and chips and it was HUGE and beautiful. I couldn't eat it all which is saying things! Both Judy and I didn't have anything for the rest of the night.
We came home and my furniture arrived for our room. When we moved in one of our buffetts which is in our study broke, so we claimed for replacement for it, I thought we may have to get it repaired and had difficulty finding someone to do it, but my insurance lady said no, I could find a replacement. I was a lil sneaky and got a washstand instead (sideboard written on the reciept :) ), as I had said it was worth about $300 I couldn't believe it when she said I could get one that Stevie and I had spied a month back at Annerley Antiques for $1100! Well it takes pride of place in our room as our new dresser, we also splurged on new silky oak bedside tables which were $600 the most I've ever spent on furnitre I think! Judy and I set up the room yesterday afternoon with the new curtains and quilt she made us, and some of the ornaments we've collected.

Skip to today and we got up really early and went to Lilys Cottage for a Xmas preview and I spent a fortune buying lovely lovely things that completed my room just beautifully as well as a gorgeous pink wreath. We had a lovely breakfast shop and chat with three other ladies for about an hour and a half in the sun, it was such a HOT HOT day today, about 35 degrees atleast! We were all sweaty at 8am! We then came home and cleaned a little and got dressed for the afternoon tea we had for my birthday with my Aunty Marion and Keith and my gorgeous cousins Madeline and Courtney. We played the best cd, which had all songs about tea party's and cake and tea and coffee. We had sausage rolls, brownies and ice cream, and my FLAMINGO cake that dad got made for me when Stevie came home from work. We forgot to break my flamingo pinata which we will do tommorow at my mum's bbq. Mum, Dad, Judy, Stevie and I then went to my favourite mexican restaraunt Montezuma's for a BIG BIG dinner which was fantastic and the way home was us all squished in the car singing Roy Orbinson songs, well it was more like mum and me deafning everyone else!
So overall I've had a fantastic 2 day birthday celebration!
As the house is spotless we are having a crafty day tommorow and a BBQ in the afternoon, I just hope it isn't quite so hot tommorow.

2 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Many Happy Returns, Scarlett! :) Sounds like one heck of a celebration you had there! What a wonderful family you have, and so great that Judy was still there to share it with you, too.
She'll be on her way back by now, I guess (4pm Oct 31st - Happy Hallowe'en!). It'll seem quite strange without her for a while, I'm sure...
Never mind, you have all those gorgeous prezzies to play with - a sewing machine, no less! Brilliant! :) and I'll be looking out for the things you've been making with it! You'll be needing another house soon, to put all your beautiful things in! :)

Love to you both,
Suze xXx

dotty_scotts said...

I was just thinking I want another house today! We were coming over the bridge and it was really bright and I was like to mum, do you ever feel like you want another bigger and better house as soon as you get one? I think I just have a bit of a buzz from decorating. I am doing up the last room on monday, so I'll post some pictures of that.