Sunday, August 27, 2006

Summer days

I am sitting in the study with the fan on and the windows open. The only problem with this house is that because its an old cottage, we have no windscreens and we have inside cats so when I want all the windows open I need to put them into the study. I've just spend a few hours cleaning the house and doing all out washing and the garden. I'm really enjoying gardening. The front garden is mine, the back one is dad and stevie's, they have ponds and palms in theres whilst I want mind to be sorta cottagey like with pink, white and purple flowers. I have only started it this week and have planted about 3 punnets worth of cute little pink and purple flowers. I want hydrena's my favourite plant in the middle parts of the garden and I am also going to have some bright pink and red boganvilla's in the wheelbarrows. They arent really cottagey but they are good with the drought. We are at level three drought over here, the worst in the last 100 yrs so your not allowed to water yr garden with a hose, you need to use waterring jugs or buckets. I am actually quite water conscious so I want to have a garden where the plants dont need to much water and can sustain through a long hot summer. Speaking of which It has started already, its still offically winter but this whole week has been 27-28 degrees! Its been beautiful, Im sitting wearing a denim skirt and short sleeved cowboy shirt on and flip flops. I went down for a walk to the beach afetr doing my odd jobs and there were so many families down there soaking up the rays. Where did winter go! We barely had a week of cold weather, the nights were brisk but the days were like 17-18degrees!

We are really looking fwd to Judy coming next week, its gone so quickly! I have saturday, sunday off so I will just be pottering about the house and going to the markets next sunday to get all the lovely summer fruits which have started already. My mum is down at pottsville now for 4 days! I so wish I was there, I wanna go for a swim in the beautiful water. Its definatly BBQ season and I think we will be using our deck alot when Judy comes over.
My aunty di left to go home yesterday, who would have thought that she would be so well that she could go home before the 3 months was up!She was so excited.
Being a perfectionist I wish we could have done up our room and the other spare room before Judy came, well the other spare room just needs curtains and bedding and acessories but in the end it really doesnt matter. Hopefully if they come over for a holiday maybe next year, they'll be able to see the house looking very spiffy, painted with the enclosed front porch and pool!they better not ban new pools with the drought. Hopefully we may have a wet summer with some tropical storms, but I doubt it.
When judy is here we'll complete the front garden, I want to go up to the Caboulture markets and get all my plants from there, they are sooo cheap! The markets are sooo huge! Mum and I went there a few weeks ago and got some really nice things.

We'll the next post we'll pobabbly be writing will be when Judy is here, excitement!

1 comment:

Suzie Q said...

Hey lovelies! Oooh, it sounds so beautiful over there...our heatwave has disappeared and Autumn is in the air, so I'm sure Judy will be glad to arrive to another summer! :)
She must be very busy with her preparations as she hasn't posted on her blog for what seems like an eternity! I hope you'll be posting when she's with you, I can't wait to see pictures of you all together! :)
That's such good news about your Aunty, Scarlett, I'm so glad that she's made such a good recovery.
Have a lovely week, and let us know when Judy arrives!
Love to you All,
Suzie xXx