Sunday, December 09, 2007

Hot hot heat




Boiling Hot! Today was soooo sooo hot, I had to have three cold showers whilst cleaning the house, doing 5 loads of washing, and putting up the Xmas decorations. It was 32 degrees here and must have been over 80% humidity. This week it's definately hit summer! Its taken its time though as previously we have had warmish but not oppresive heat. I remember my birthday last year was sooo hot, and its only got that way nearly a month and a half later this year.

All the decorations are up, we've kept it a little low key this year, the tree and our tin decorations and wooden nutcrakers are all in the front tiki room and apart from a small tree and some reindeers on the kitchen table, its much smaller than last year. I'm not a huge fan of many xmas decorations actually, I don' really like the red and green and gold colours, so again our tree is pink and we have a flamingo as the 'angel', I think it looks cute in all its silver, pink and purple glory.


I went and finished ALL our Xmas shopping for the year, so I'm all organised and wrapped already. I am just awaiting a few things in the mail (please come soon! I ordered and paid for these things ages ago, I'm a little dislussioned with ebayers who don't answer their messages every day..grr). I had the worst sale staff at myers whilst I was picking perfumes and putting some on layby for myself, she didn't understand, I'm 'ok looking by myself thanks!' and proceeded to follow me about and then comment on my choices, she worked for versace and kept on trying to ram their perfumes down my throat. I don't like to be rude, but I was like, look I have a huge amount of perfumes and I'm really particular with what I like, I have researched what I want and I am just happy going about myself please. She still didn't get it, so I quickly got out of there and went down to David Jones where they will be getting my buisness more often! I was really looking forward to my perfume shopping! Funnily enough I was in Myers two weeks ago where my tattoos were visible and they gave me the wide berth, this week I was wearing a really beautiful lacey dress and cardigan and had the pearls on and they must of thought...hello! Next time the tats will be out!

I am actually going to write a letter tonight to the customer service department as it really really peed me off and considering I work in the same sector I won't take shoddy service.


We got a new big item of furniture last week, a corner unit for the 70's room, it looks really good. We got the qoute from our upholster on saturday so I am going to send that away, my replacement flamingoes for those that got knicked should come this week. Despite the last ones being concreted in, I will have to think of something else to keep them in MY yard!


I have our xmas party for work this saturday, and on sunday we're all going out to Sitars indian restaraunt for stevie's birthday: all of us being mum, dad, stevie, me, marion and keith and the girls. Stevie has been going into the spare room shaking up his presents for the last two weeks!


I cant believe how quickly this year has gone, two weeks and its xmas, we go on our cruise not long after that, and soon enough everyone will be coming over for xmas next year! As soon as the new year starts, I'm going to spend a month on each room, our room and the shabby chic room are pretty much done, I wanna renovate the bathroom a little, make curtains for the art deco room and enclose the front and we should be done! I think we are going to get air conditioning as everyones present for next xmas:so you don't all melt~!


Our poinciana tree has been beautiful and blooming the most beautiful red flowers for the last month, we have the largest on the street! Its made a awesome red carpet on our footpath.

1 comment:

Judy Scott said...

oh wowowowow what a tree its so beautiful ~ the red carpet ready for my visit ooops ~ thats next year!!!!
Your house looks awesome very very beautiful I cant wait to see it again, not long 371 days not that Im counting or anything!!! Jimmy is soooooo excited and the girls are desparate to get there. Well as for me I would be there tomorrow it I could then I would make your curtains!

Let us know when you hear back from the letter ~ go Scarlett!!

Miss seeing your posts here its lovely to see the photos too take care darling girl and give Stevie Desa and Isis a big hug from me!
Love you Mum xxx