Wednesday, May 23, 2007

sydney


























Sydney was really full on, 1000 people at the convention, all the big brands from the Luxiottica group, so much food, all we did was eat! Have huge big lectures, filming, speeches from big sportsmen, a night at Luna Park to ourselves with all the rides open to use: I rule at Dodgem cars! and fancy catering and a big awards night where we all glammed up and they gave me nice vegie food! Overall it was exhausting, exciting to be involved in a sorta...managerial event and I am about 10 kgs heavier! Im lucky I didnt get charged excess luggage for my butt. The days were held at the Convention centre where we filled it up, we stayed at the Sheraton which was a 5 min walk away right on darling harbour, which for those who dont know is where the Sydney Harbour bridge is, the opera house and luna park and centrepoint tower is. Our hotel was right infront of centrepoint tower, we saw the bridge and opera house at night whilst we went to Luna park. We were down the other end of the harbour with the aquarium and some big naval ships which were visiting and the huge Imax theatre. Sydney was way colder than Brisbane, though last night was freezing! It was beautiful sunny weather through the day, cold in the morning and a lil brisk at night. Sydney centre is massive, the buildings look great and it is super clean. I wouldnt wanna live there again though as some of the western suburbs are pretty dodge, but the harbour and the beaches in the city, its easy to see why its one of the nicest cities in the world. Here are some pics! I didnt get home until 8.30pm last night and was really exhausted. Thankfully I had a good sleep and had today off, I need a holiday to get over conference. Next year it is in Febuary when I have booked our cruise, hopefully its before the cruise, so I can recover from it on a big ship with more eating! I wanna take stevie down to sydney for two days, so I will look up some cheap flights and use my new Luxiottica discount card which will give me some great discounts on hotels. yeah!






My hotel is the white hotel just infront of Centrepoint tower on the right, the pics are only of darling harbour from a walk at lunch one day, and a few from Luna Park. My flash decided not to work that night so my Bridge and Opera house pics were rubbish.The harbour is amazingly clean, you can see through the water, even at the docks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.